Sigrid Zialcita, Chief Executive Officer of the Asia Pacific Real Estate Association, joins REALPAC CEO Michael Brooks to discuss the recovery experience from COVID-19 across Asia, the role of culture in the Asian economies in the recovery process, the unique challenges of working from home in some parts of Asia, and the future of the Asian economies.
Sigrid is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction, initiatives and operations of APREA across the Asia Pacific region. Previously, she was Head of Asia Pacific Research & Investment Strategy for Cushman & Wakefield.
Their conversation covered:
- Which countries were hit hard and which were early to reopen from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Similarities and differences across a few Asian countries in their response to COVID-19
- The balance between public sector guidelines and private sector compliance
- The role of culture in the Asian economies in the recovery process
- Contact tracing: what SafeEntry and other applications look like in Singapore
- The challenges of working from home in some parts of Asia and how that impacted lockdowns
- What re-opening and returning to the workplace is looking like
- The unique situation of various Asian economies such as China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Philippines, India
- The future of the Asian economies