Wendy Waters, VP, Research Services & Strategy at GWL Realty Advisors, joins REALPAC CEO Michael Brooks to discuss returning to the workplace, the near future, overcoming pinch points, and a post-COVID world.
Wendy leads the Research Services and Strategy Team at GWL Realty Advisors. Her mandate is to provide unique analysis and proprietary research to support the Canadian and global real estate investment goals of GWL Realty Advisors and its clients. Office, multi-residential, industrial and retail assets are their focus.
Their conversation covered:
- Workers’ desire to return to the office in the near future
- What a post-COVID situation would look like
- Effectiveness of working from home
- The purpose of the office in the 21st century
- Who wants to go back to the office the most and who would prefer to continue working from home
- Reversal of pre-COVID trends in the workplace layout
- Designing a disease resistant workplace
- Overcoming pinch points – transit, elevators, daycares/schools
- The role played by suburban offices
- The office of the future