Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
In this episode, we speak with Francine Moore, President, Homestead Land Holdings Limited. Francine shared her insights about the multi-family asset class’ response to COVID-19, challenges facing the sector today, strengths and areas of improvement, and a needed collaboration between the private and public sectors.
The podcast conversation covered:
- Operating sucessfully as a family-owned business
- Competing with larger REITs or funds
- Culture of Homestead that makes it unique
- Homestead’s response to COVID-19
- Strengths of their tenant base and risks to the industry as a whole
- Impact of various factors such as immigration and student housing, construction, low interest rates etc. on demand
- Potential areas of improvement for this asset class
- Reputational challenges facing the industry today
- Cooperation between private and public sectors
- Impact of government policy on the multifamily sector
- How the government can address the need for adequate housing for all Canadians
Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most respected landlords. Read more.