Teresa Neto, CFO, Granite REIT, spoke to REALPAC CEO Michael Brooks about her background in the real estate industry, motivations for career growth, the importance of office culture, and advice for women newly entering the commercial real estate market.
The episode covers:
- Key motivations for moving upward in this industry
- The importance of office culture
- How to adapt to different office cultures
- Granite REIT’s sustainability plan
- Advice for women looking to enter commercial real estate, public markets or private markets
Teresa Neto joined Granite REIT as Chief Financial Officer on July 8, 2019 and is responsible for the REIT’s financial planning, accounting & reporting, tax, treasury and corporate finance activities. She has over thirty years of varied business experience, including thirteen years as a CFO for publicly-traded real estate investment trusts in Canada, most recently with Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust and prior to that at Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT.
Teresa holds a Chartered Professional Accountant, C.A. designation and has a B.A. from Laurentian University. She is a member of the Institute of Corporate Directors and holds the ICD.D designation.